of The P.P. COBB Building
P.P. COBB Building was a trading post built by Captain Benjamin Hogg in 1882.
It was purchased by Peter P. Cobb in 1896, and then purchased by the Adams
Ranch in 1998. It is the oldest commercial establishment in St. Lucie County.
It is located near the City Marina & by the City Marina traffic circle at
Downtown Fort Pierce Historic District.
of The P.P. COBB GENERAL STORE
As the first store in Fort Pierce, it was used for trading between local Indian
tribes, local planters, and sailing trading schooners out of Saint Augustine and
Jacksonville, Florida. More information about this historic building can be found
by visiting the St. Lucie Historical Museum.
P.P. COBB GENERAL STORE & DELICATESSEN (previously known as P.P. COBB GENERAL
STORE & BAREFOOT GOURMET), under ownership and management since May 11, 2007,
is centrally located at The P.P. COBB Building and open daily.
have any comments or questions, please contact us.
under copyright protection.